Adoption / Application Process
Since it is our desire that you have a pet that can enjoy a lifetime of love with you, we take special measure to ensure that the pet is the best match for you and your family. Only complete an application if you are willing and able to make the necessary commitments of time, money, responsibility and love for the entire life of your pet. Otherwise, do not fill out an application at this time.
*** We adopt out of state ONLY in special circumstances. ***
If you haven't already, please read "Important Considerations Before Adopting a Pet".
The Adoption Process:
- Fill out our adoption application. This helps us understand more about you and your lifestyle.
- You must be at least 24 years of age with proper proof of age. Current identification must show your correct address and phone number.
- You must provide a landlord's phone number or a copy of your lease if you rent. You must also provide proof of weight/breed restrictions for your apartment or condo.
- Be contacted by a Lovin' Life Rescue representative. This can include (but is not limited to) a telephone interview and/or a face-to-face meeting.
- Home visits are part of the screening process. We would bring your potential new canine family member along to see how you both interact together in your home environment. We would not bring your potential new feline family member along, but do want to ensure that your home is safe and "cat proof".
- The requested adoption donation varies (depending on age, medical care, etc.) and starts at $350.00 for dogs / puppies and $125.00 for cats / single kittens. If you adopt two kittens from us, we will consider adopting them for $150.00 total. Under certain circumstances, the adoption fee can be waived or negotiated at our discretion. We have a "Seniors for Seniors" program in which we offer a discounted adoption donation to anyone over the age of 65 who wants to adopt one of our senior cats or dogs (8 years and up).
- Training is MANDATORY for ALL of our adopted dogs / puppies. They are required to be registered for an obedience training class with a Behaviorist (not just a Trainer) within 2 weeks of adoption and must complete that class within 3 months of adoption. There is a $50.00 Training Deposit that is refunded after completion of the obedience training class with a Behaviorist.
- Sign a legally binding adoption contract.
Our Adorable Adoptables are up to date on all vaccinations and have been spayed or neutered (in the case of puppies, they may not have their entire set of shots).
Each adoption Includes:
- Complete veterinary exam
- Vaccinations (rabies, distemper, canine influenza, etc.)
- Heartworm test for dogs
- Feline leukemia / FIV tests for cats
- Spaying or neutering (it's mandatory)
- Permanent identification microchip
- Fecal test / deworming
If you'd like to adopt or foster an animal, please complete our online dog application or our online cat application. If you experience difficulties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an application. Please feel free to email, fax, or mail the completed application back to us.
Lovin' Life Rescue is working towards securing a small facility to house our Captivating Canines. Once secured, we will immediately DOUBLE the lives that we normally save! That will allow us to grow our volunteer base exponentially with the vision of a GREEN Animal Rescue Facility / Adoption Center. In the meantime, all of our Captivating Canines and Fabulous Felines are in foster homes. Currently, adoption hours are by appointment only.
While you may be a fabulous pet owner, we determine if the dog that you have chosen is the right match for your current situation. If this is not the case, we will suggest that you meet a different animal in our care that might fit your family better. Please be as honest as possible on your application in order to help make a match that will last forever.
By Mail (this is a mailing address only):
Lovin' Life Rescue
322 Canterfield Parkway West
West Dundee, IL 60118
Lovin' Life Rescue
1150 North Lake Shore Drive, #11K
Chicago, IL 60611